We provide equine specific veterinary care to Sierra Vista, Hereford, Palominas, Bisbee, Tombstone, Whetstone, Elgin and Sonoita.
Becoming a client or requesting an appointment is easy. You may choose to fill out our New Client Registration or Appointment Form then click the submit button or give us a call. When your information is received, l’ll be in touch to help you schedule your appointment.
As a client of Southern Arizona Equine, you can expect our full attention to your horse’s health care needs. You and your horse will be treated with kindness and respect.
Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it. We will make every attempt to keep you informed of our ETA by call or text message.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- A thorough history and chat about your animal’s specific needs
- Dr. Prentice will examine your horse, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests and treatments may be performed on site (x-rays, ultrasounds, some stall side tests) or results are available within a few hours (in-house bloodwork) or a day (send off bloodwork).
- When the veterinary visit is complete a printed or e-mailed invoice will be provided with all findings and instructions for care.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from Dr. Prentice to get an update on how your horse has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, please feel free to call, text or e-mail.
We hope you enjoyed our visit and the service we provide, and we would be delighted to see you again.